CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician (Exam HIT-001)
Course length: 3 Days
You will identify essential healthcare and IT concepts and terminology and how to integrate the two realms of practice.
The typical student for this course is an experienced IT professional in a role such as desktop support technician, network administrator, systems administrator, or database administrator, who is looking for opportunities within the healthcare industry or may already be working within the healthcare industry. Such students want to prove through certification that they have the knowledge and skills required to implement, deploy, and support healthcare IT systems.
While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the Healthcare IT Technician certificate to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® A+® certification.
Students should have experience and comfort with the following concepts and tasks:
- Computer and networking terminology.
- The functional components of a computer and a network (both wired and wireless).
- Installing and troubleshooting Microsoft® Windows®XP and Windows® 7.
- Installing and troubleshooting software, hardware, and networking components.
- Working with computer peripherals.
- Setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Computer and network security best practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define and describe concepts and terminology that are fundamental to your understanding of the use of IT in a healthcare environment.
- Describe the medical environment including its organization, stakeholders, and the most significant technologies.
- Leverage core medical concepts to describe the use of IT in the medical workplace.
- Describe the essential elements of computing including hardware, software, networking, and change control.
- Provide IT support and solve IT problems in the medical workplace.
- Integrate security best practices into your daily healthcare IT workflow.
Lesson 1: Healthcare IT Fundamentals
Topic 1A: Core Concepts in Healthcare IT
Topic 1B: EMR/EHR Issues
Topic 1C: Stakeholders, Regulations, and Standards
Topic 1D: HIPAA Controls and Compliance
Lesson 2: The Medical Environment
Topic 2A: Healthcare Organizations
Topic 2B: Medical Terminology, Equipment, and Software
Topic 2C: Medical Coding and Billing
Topic 2D: Medical Computer Interfaces
Lesson 3: Using IT in the Medical Workplace
Topic 3A: Roles and Responsibilities
Topic 3B: Manage Communication and Ethics Issues
Topic 3C: Legal Best Practices, Requirements, and Documentation
Topic 3D: Medical Document Imaging
Topic 3E: Sanitation Management
Lesson 4: Healthcare IT Technical Components
Topic 4A: Computing Essentials
Topic 4B: Networking
Topic 4C: Manage Servers and Software
Topic 4D: Hardware Support
Lesson 5: Providing Medical IT Support
Topic 5A: Set Up a Workstation
Topic 5B: Troubleshoot Basic IT Issues
Topic 5C: Troubleshoot Medical IT Issues
Topic 5D: Implementation of an EMR/EHR System
Topic 5E: Change Control
Lesson 6: Security
Topic 6A: Manage Physical and Logical Security
Topic 6B: Implement Security Best Practices and Threat Mitigation Techniques
Topic 6C: Manage Remote Access
Topic 6D: Manage Wireless Security
Topic 6E: Perform Backups and Disaster Recovery
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® Healthcare IT Technician (Exam HIT-001) Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
Comments are closed